ChaChaChangdeokgung
1:12 AMDay no.4 morning it was time for Changdeokgung Palace. (창덕궁)
I really can't recall any special memories from that place.
We were just walking around ... a lot.
Oh, that's the place where you can find western tourists from Seoul !! Haha
We saw other tourists once in a blue moon, so it was extraordinary to hear English.
If I'm right Changdeokgung is one of the biggest palaces in Seoul, and it was grievously damaged during Japanese occupation. So the whole place is like re-built.
Anyway, I find palaces rather interesting and magnificent 'cause we don't have anything like this in Finland.
We came to the palace just in time, since the there were only 2 english tours to Secret Garden a day, and we just got to the first tour !
Otherwise we should have gone to the Korean tour 'cause Secret Garden is something you shouldn't miss in Seoul.
So the rest of the photos are taken in Secret Garden ~
When you walked under that gate you got eternal life or something.
We were just walking like behind our group taking photos with some Chinese tourists haha~
The whole route through Secret Garden was like 2-3km ...
And after that it was time for some more walking ...
So yeah, when we left the Palace area we headed to Insa-dong. Our plan was eating Korean porridge in Bibimbab cafe 'cause my friend had recommend it but we couldn't find the place !
We ended up eating Samgyeopsal
We were such a good entertainment to some random old man. (Y)
The waitress had to help us like all the time and she was just asking that old man to stop laughing since we were foreigners.
Omg it was embarrassing to eat when you knew someone is stalking how you eat, haha
We went to search some large bookstore, walked srsly an hour trying to find it but decided to give up. We went down stairs to the metro station and TADA found an underground entrance to the bookstore !
------------------------------------------------

Samgyeopsal ... It was so epic...Bought 2 suuper thick grammar books, Beginner to early intermediate and Intermediate.
The beginner book is quite useless for me but ... Kertaus on opintojen äiti ;)
Bought also The little Prince language book. It's basically just the Little Prince story written in english and Korean.
Plus there're some key expression notes if some cool thing was used in the chapter.
There're some exercises too about the words&idioms after every chapter. Me likes<3


Of course I couldn't leave without EGG-magazine, hehe.That day I also found out my Korean shoe size ! I never knew they use mm ...
Obviously as a big western, I've the biggest shoe size, 245-250mm T.T
My EU size is 38-39 ...
What else...
I spoke Korean more than ever with an old woman who was selling some shoes.
She had super cool selling tactic by praising me and my mom hahaha
I got huge discount from her !! So speak Korean if you can ! lol
0 comments