Straightening Hair
6:40 PM
During Summer the weather in Korea is like super humid.
I've naturally little bit curly hair but the humidity made me look like a poodle,So many people asked if I had a perm
Even my host sister thought it wasn't my natural hair
Until I finally made my mind and got a straightening perm
at some random hair salon in Konkuk University (건대입구) area
I was doubting if I should get the perm or not since I had only heard bad things about it.
How it wouldn't last more than a week,
or
How it would totally kill my hair.
Half Singaporean Half Japanese Jes who has lived around the world,
Moved from hostel to her host family's place for the very last week
My friends went to get their hair done and I did't want to just sit there and wait so I just gave it a shot.
It was the best decision of my hair life haha
---
I was called the trouble hair cause obviously western hair is really different compared to thick Asian hair.
They really had trouble with my weak curly hair so I got a treatment at the same time.
They put this big machine to my head which I've only seen in movies.
It felt weird when my head felt like really cold but otherwise it was warm.
I don't know much Korean vocabulary when it comes to hair things so my friend just told the hair dresser to cut me bangs without me knowing lol
It was a nice experience and different compared to getting your hair cut here in Finland.
First the salon was huge and there wasn't only 1 person doing your hair but 4 in my case ...
And all of the workers were so good-looking !!
There was like 2 guys straightening my hair from the sides and a girl from the back.
It was interesting.
They just told me to say if it was too hot but I got served cold juice so it wasn't that bad.
Actually I ruined the straightening the very next day cause we went to a family trip to Gyeonggi-do and I swam there.
You shouldn't water your hair for few days after doing perm!! They didn't mention me that cause I was foreigner but luckily knew it beforehand
You shouldn't water your hair for few days after doing perm!! They didn't mention me that cause I was foreigner but luckily knew it beforehand
Few days later when we got to Seoul I went back to the salon and they did my hair again for free !
Really good service, price was only like 70 euros, I know it's quite expensive in Korea but I've been really satisfied with the result and the salon was anyway expensive place.
A guy group would have came to hit me if they knew I spoke Korean.
eavesdropping ftw (Y)







0 comments